The city of Kolkata has always been a safe bet for realtors and home buyers alike. After the shocks of the first and the second COVID wave, the city is looking forward to revival. Land price Kolkata has witnessed a substantial demand from homebuyers who are keen to invest in residential properties. Based on a market study, peripheral areas of the city such as New Town, Rajarhat, and Joka are especially in demand owing to the space constraints within the main city and proximity to IT hubs and airports.
With rising income levels of people, homebuyers are not only looking for suitable demographics, but also modern lifestyle facilities, affordable housing, convenient access to entertainment zones, schools, and healthcare facilities. As a result, land price Kolkata has escalated in the past decade.
Land Price Kolkata: Based on Regions
If you are on the lookout for a new flat in Kolkata, let’s observe some of the most prime residential locations in the city and the trending land prices—
Kolkata Central has prime residential localities such as Park Street, Entally, and Seldah. Land price Kolkata for residential apartments in Central Kolkata are available at a price range of Rs.6000/sq.ft to Rs.8000/sq.ft.
Flats in Kolkata West come at a nominal price rate between Rs.2000/sq.ft to Rs. 3000/sq.ft.
Flats in Kolkata East cover a large area and are available in the price range between Rs.3000/sq.ft to Rs.7000/sq.ft. Substantial demand is witnessed for flats in Action Area 2 available at a price range between Rs.32,500 to Rs. 35,600 per sq.yd.
With proximity to prime residential areas such as Beliaghata, Ultadanga, Salt Lake, etc, land price Kolkata North is in higher demand. Apartments in Kolkata North also enjoy improved infrastructure, and amenities. Flats in Bangur and flats near airport are available at Rs.3500/sq.ft, whereas flats in Salt Lake and other popular areas are on the higher scale of up to Rs. 7800/sq.ft.
The rate of flats in Kolkata in some of the most sought-after locations in North Kolkata are—
- BT Road: Price per square feet Rs. 2,807 – Rs. 4,305 / sqft.
- Dum Dum: Price per square feet Rs. 1,600 – Rs. 9,873 / sqft.
- Lake Town: Price per square feet 2,774 – 10,898 / sqft.
- Bangur Avenue: Price per square feet 3,300 – 7,318 / sqft.
Regarded as one of the most luxurious residential areas of the city, South Kolkata boasts a premium status in residential real estate. Owing to the high-end status, flats in Kolkata south are available between Rs.8798/sq.ft to Rs.11475/sq.ft.
Land price Kolkata in some of the most sought-after locations in South Kolkata are—
- Alipore: Price per square feet Rs. 2,500 – Rs.30,000 / sqft.
- New Alipore: Price per sqft. Rs. 3,529 – Rs. 17,660 / sqft.
- Prince Anwar Shah Road: Price per sqft. Rs. 2,889 – Rs. 17,941 / sqft.
Land Price in Hotspot residential areas in Kolkata
As a new homebuyer, it is obvious to be curious about land price Kolkata. Let’s explore some of the hot spot areas in Kolkata real estate and their highlights.
Flats in Newtown are in high demand owing to the following highlights—
- Well-planned residential property with proximity to commercial complexes and IT parks.
- Close to employment hubs, like DLF IT Park 1 & 2, TCS – Gitanjali Park and Candor Techspace.
- Major advantage to families with renowned schools, hospitals, shopping malls and other recreational places in the close proximity.
- Entertainment malls such as Axis Mall, DLF Galleria, Central Mall and Aquatica Water Park and other fun zones in the region.
- Good connectivity to the rest of Kolkata by Biswa Bangla Sarani Road, VIP Road and Kolkata Metro Rail Network.
Land price Kolkata for prime areas around Newtown-Rajarhat
Action Area 1: Rs.4100-Rs.6000/sqft
Action Area 3: Rs. 3900-Rs.5700/sqft
NewTown: Rs. 4000-6200/sqft
Rajarhat: Rs. 3700-5900/sqft
Rajarhat Main Rd: Rs. 3500-5600/sqft
Best flats for sale in Newtown
- One10 flats in New Town Action Area I
- The Soul, flats in Rajarhat in New Town
- Amistad, flats in New Town
In the recent years EM Bypass has been one of the most sought-after locations in Kolkata owing to the easy accessibility among other highlights such as—
- Connects the older parts of the city as also to newer and upcoming modern areas of Salt Lake, Newtown and Rajarhat.
- Being part of the state highway, it also enjoys connectivity to all other road networks in Kolkata.
- Flats in EM Bypass are a stone’s throw away from the IT hubs located in Kasba Industrial Estate and Behala Industrial Estate.
- Close to the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport.
- Kolkata Metro links the EM Bypass through multiple stations like New Garia, Panchasayar, Kayalpara, East Balia, and Fartabad.
- Has a good mix of residential estates, commercial squares and office parks as well as shopping areas and high end hotels.
Best flats for sale in EM Bypass
New Alipore in South Kolkata is a premium real estate residential property that enjoys high demand among homebuyers.
Highlights of New Alipore include:
- Well-planned residential suburb
- The nearest neighborhoods to New Alipore are popular localities in the city such as Behala, Tollygunge, and Kalighat.
- Offices located in Rabindra Sadan, Bhawanipur, Park Street, Camac Street, and BBD Bagh are a stone’s throw away.
- Easy access to Central Kolkata and the IT hubs of Salt Lake and Newtown as also to other areas such as Diamond Harbour Road, B.L. Saha Road, Durgapur Bridge, James Long Sarani, and New Alipore Road.
- Close to two railway stations – the New Alipore Railway Station and the Majerhat Railway Station.
- Good connectivity by bus station network and the Blue Metro Line.
Best flats for sale in New Alipore
Upward trend of Land Price in Kolkata
Apart from the above-mentioned localities, Mukundapur, Lake Town, Kalikapur, Patuli, Dum Dum, Kasba, and Salt Lake also enjoy high demand within the residential sector of real estate Kolkata. In general, Kolkata is refurbishing several civic and social infrastructure developments, and upcoming projects of metro lines in the works. The new developments are also marked by the presence of schools, healthcare institutes, retail malls, shopping complexes, and residential localities. As a result, land price Kolkata is adequately endowed with social infrastructure promising healthy returns on rental investments.
Land in the deepest of the interiors of Indian States like Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, U.P, M.P, Rajasthan, Assam is comparatively cheaper where only a single strip of road can be found.
One standard acre is equal to 43,560 square feet. It can be in any shape i.e. square or rectangle. One standard acre is equal to 4,840 square yards, which is equal to 4,047 square metres, also equal to 43,560 square feet,which is equal to 0.405 hectares, equal to one acre, also equal to 0.0015625 square miles.
The cost of land is comparatively less to residential apartments, hence making it a cheaper sort of investment and good capital investment for homebuyers with a lower budget. Land or plots have always shown higher returns in India.