Kolkata is the heart of cultural and traditional heritage. Home to several prominent intellects, the City of Joy is famous for its landmark colonial buildings and heritage structures. Today the city is evolving into an IT hub, paving way for several affluent localities that are a mix of age-old structures coupled with modern amenities and civic infrastructures. If you are looking for an opulent flat in prime location in Kolkata, you are reading the right article.
Prime Locations in Kolkata
We have put together a list of the best residential locales in the city and the best luxury flat in prime location in Kolkata. List of posh areas in Kolkata that are the best bets:
- Alipore & New Alipore– Surrounded by Bhawanipore in the East and Diamond Harbour in the West, Alipore is the most expensive locality of Kolkata. It is ensconced in a canopy of trees and enjoys excellent connectivity to other parts of Kolkata.
- Ballygunge – This area has the essence of cosmopolitan culture. The buyer profile in Ballygunge is mostly High Net-worth Individuals (HNIs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs). It is a well-maintained locality with seamless social infrastructure and civic amenities.
- EM Bypass- Built in 1982, EM Bypass is Kolkata’s premier 32 km highway that connects North & South Kolkata. For those looking for a flat in prime location, it doesn’t get better than this. The highway was originally intended to be the connect between Salt lake and Newtown; however, the new proposed metro line is going to further EM Bypass’s accessibility to all of east Kolkata.
- Tangra: This location in East-Kolkata is equally famous for it’s evolved chinese cuisine as it is for it’s tanneries. Gobra, Beck Bagan, Kustia, Panchanna Pally and Tiljala are some of the well-known residential neighborhoods of Tangra that are gaining prominence due to its growing infrastructure and connectivity.
- Narkeldanga: Narkeldanga is a sub-locality within the larger suburb of Phoolbagan that has gained relevance in the last decade. Primed for growth due to its proximity to EM Bypass and superior housing complexes with luxurious amenities, Narkeldanga prides itself as an ideal residential cum commercial hub for Kolkatians.
Top 5 flats in prime location in Kolkata
Here are our top 5 flats in prime location in Kolkata for your reference in 2021:
1. Anassa, flats off EM Bypass
Synonyms with royalty, Anassa means Queen in the Greek Language. The project offers 4/5 bhk flats in prime location in Kolkata that provide homebuyers extraordinary living spaces fit for aristocracy.
- 418 feet high sky lounge.
- 635 square feet carpet master suites.
- The flats have large windows inspired by French homes and extra-tall ceilings that allow natural light and ventilation.
- Sky lounge on the 35th floor.
- Swimming pool with a breathtaking view from the height of 405 feet.
- The complex has grid-tie solar power generation and the driveway has lights with timers.
- Renewable energy through regenerative elevator drives and the parking garages equipped with electric vehicle charging points.
2. PS Aurus, Flats in EM Bypass
Buying a flat at Aurus is like living on a slice of heaven. Amenities, prime location, spacious living space— you name it and we have it! Located right between ITC Sonar Bangla and JW Marriott off EM Bypass—it is a much sought-after flat in prime location in Kolkata.
The 4 bhk and 5 bhk flats at EM Bypass are perfect for nuclear families and the luxury that the project offers can only be compared to the apartments at Madison Avenue! 3 bhk at Aurus starts from Rs. 3.07 Cr onwards, whereas 4 & 5 bhk are available at Rs 3.73 Cr and Rs. 6.01 Cr respectively.
- Feature 22 ft. high ceilings and 22 ft. balconies
- Spacious kitchens, service yards and the 3 sides open south-facing plan
- A sky lounge at 374 ft
- Indoor amenities such as Board Room, Squash Court, Gymnasium, Children’s indoor play area. Outdoor amenities include tennis and badminton courts, outdoor play areas, 40- meter long swimming pool, a sun deck, aqua gym, cabana, and an outdoor jacuzzi.
- Round-the-clock security systems, dedicated seismic sensors, and fire detection systems.
3. Navyom, flats in New Alipore
Navyom is a re-imagination of luxury. With a flat in prime location of New Alipore, owing a flat in Navyom provides the perks of the largest residential park in the locale. The project has exclusive garden homes of 4/5/6 bhk duplex homes in Kolkata. A 4BHK costs Rs. 1.93 Cr onwards, a 5BHK Duplex costs Rs. 4.17 Cr onwards, and 6BHK Duplex is available from Rs. 4.35 Cr onwards.
- Kolkata’s first project of expanded living.
- 22 ft. tall living area, extra-large balconies, large kitchen, service yard and a separate room for your domestic help.
- Luxurious amenities like jacuzzi, flower garden, butterfly garden, tennis court, and much more. The buildings are equipped with 2 passenger elevators and 1 service elevator, DTH system, DG power back up, 100% DG backup for lighting circuits, lifts, and utilities in common areas, VRV / VRF air conditioners, among others.
- Winner of two Estate Awards in 2020 in the categories of ‘Luxury Project of the Year’, and ‘Environment-Friendly Project of the Year (East), contributing for the first time to Kolkata’s ‘expandable living.’
4. Merlin X by Merlin Group in Tangra
Spread over 2.48 Acres, Merlin X is an expansive project in Tangra. With propinquity to Salt Lake and Gariahat, Merlin X enjoys connectivity to all prime locations of the city. The luxurious residential project has 2 towers of G+24 that offer 3 and 4 BHK AC apartments with Italian marble flooring. 3 bhks have built-up area between 1315 – 1515 sq.ft. and 4 bhks have 1541 – 2094 sq.ft. Spread over 2.48 acres, residents can relax by the skywalk infinity pool and top floor cafeteria and clubhouse on the 24th floor. Meticulous planning and quality craftsmanship at the project makes it the perfect home for families. Not to forget the well-maintained amenities like Skating Rink, Mini Theatre, Infinity Swimming Pool, Crèche, Barbeque Zone, among others.
5. Prasad Rare Earth by Prasad Group in Narkeldang
Prasad Rare Earth in Narkeldanga by Prasad Group offers apartments with a perfect blend of contemporary architecture and comfortable living. 3BHK and 4BHK range between 108.88 Sq. mt and 191.56 Sq. mt respectively and come in the range of 1.00 Cr to 1.75 Cr. The residential complex offers facilities such as Gymnasium, Lift, Swimming pool, Community hall, Garbage disposal and Library and spacious Car parking for its residents. Spread over a total area of 11.9 acres of land, Prasad Rare Earth has a total of 5 towers of 35 floors and accommodates 525 units.
Why choose flats in the primary location?
The rich legacy of Kolkata is making way for projects in the luxury residential segment of the city. Today, the city has a fair share of affluent areas that are in demand. These offer homebuyers with age-old existence as well as modern and civic infrastructure. Furthermore, the real estate market in Kolkata is getting a push due to the establishment of the West Bengal Housing Industry Regulatory Authority (WBHIRA). Developments like these are propelling demand for premium areas in the city.
The best Neighborhoods in Kolkata are—
1. Chowringhee (Jawaharlal Nehru) Road
2. BBD Bagh (Dalhousie Square)
3. Sudder Street
4. Park Street (Mother Teresa Sarani)
5. Ballygunge & South Kolkata.
6. Salt Lake City (Bidhan Nagar)
7. Rajarhat/New Town.
According to Mercer’s Annual Cost of Living Survey 2018, Kolkata is one of the most affordable cities to live in the world. In a list of 209 most-expensive cities, Kolkata was ranked 182, the most affordable Indian city.
A person working in Kolkata typically earns around ₹60,000 per month (after tax). ₹60,000 is a good salary according to the average cost of living which is ₹40,000.
Buying a flat in Kolkata is an excellent investment as real estate is one of the most profitable investments in India, and Kolkata is one of the primary real estate markets in East India for several reasons.